And of course, that was just my first year abroad! This year, in Västerås, I have some big travel ambitions! Here is my travel bucket list for the upcoming season:
- Västerås, Sweden! I want to see and explore everything that the city has to offer. Just a few more days until I am settled in, and the boys are back on ice!
- Stockholm, Sweden: I know, I know, I've been here before. However, Stockholm is such a beautiful city and I have really enjoyed exploring all it has to offer, especially the Gamla Stan.
- London: I have never been to London, and I can't wait to make my first trip! I am hoping to be able to go while the weather is still nice enough that I can really enjoy my time there.
- Normandy, France: I just so happened to marry a huge history nerd (which is totally fine by me, I'm a nerd all over the place!) and can't wait to take him to Normandy for his birthday. I'm excited to see all of the history that Normandy has to offer!
- Berlin, Germany: Nick's (probably) favorite thing in the world are the German Christmas markets. This year, we are really hoping to be able to head to Berlin so he can not only show me the Christmas markets that he has enjoyed, but also the history of the city and all of his favorite spots from when he played there a few years ago!
- Munich, Germany: It looks like I am headed back to Oktoberfest this year! Can't wait for it, I'm sure it will be a wonderful time!
- Poland: I've been checking out flights from Stockholm, and it looks like there are usually relatively cheap flights to Poland! I would love to check out a new country that is not a typical tourist destination.
- Greece/Jamaica/Mexico/Bahamas/Caribbean: Here is to hoping that after a great season, Nick and I are able to spend some time relaxing. (This may and or may not be a subtle hint to my amazing hubby)
Of course, this list is not comprehensive of everywhere I would like to go in the world- like I said, then I would simply write every country down and call it good! These are just the likely places and locations I will be able to visit this year. Do you think I am missing any good destinations? What are specific places I should add to my overall travel bucket list?